- This event has passed.
OHTA Aid Station @ Spirit of Syllamo 100
The Spirit of Syllamo 100 . . . what’s that?!
Well, the answer is very simple . . . It’s a true feat of strength and determination known by many of those who are not part of the trail running culture as pure insanity! It’s like running nearly the equivalent of four marathons back to back all on the same day (or within a 34-hour window of time)! And it is run on some of the most challenging terrain the South has to offer! Yes, this is run not on paved streets but on trails, and it is actually two races in one–35 and 100 miles each!
This year’s course begins with a 35-mile loop through the epic Syllamo Mountain Bike Trail. Those running the 100-mile race will continue on from there with an ‘Out & Back’ on the North Sylamore Creek Trail and the Ozark Highlands Trail. Runners who complete both routes are True Spirits of Syllamo!!
So what’s this about needing volunteers? Simply put, Ozark Highlands Trail Association has been asked if we can come up with four to six folks–the more, the merrier–willing to run the OHTA aid station located at the main start/finish of the race at Blanchard Springs Campground and Recreation Area. Here are some details:
- Day and Date: Saturday, December 9, 2023
- Time: approximately 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Location: Blanchard Springs Campground and Recreation Area
- Start time: 6 a.m. on Saturday, December 9, 2023\
- Cutoff time: 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 10, 2023
- Food and water: Supplied by the event organizers
- Free camping: For those who want to be there for the entire event, there is free camping for all volunteers at Blanchard Springs Campground on Friday and Saturday nights. As a volunteer, you are not obligated to stay for the entire event, but in case you’re inspired to do so, it will not cost you to stay.
- Contact person: Tiffany Mallard — volunteers can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (479) 461-9796
If this sounds like something of which you’d like to be a part, then please contact Tiffany Mallard as soon as possible. It will be a fantastic way to meet some very fine individuals, rub shoulders with some of the world’s elite long-distance trail runners, and promote the Ozark Highlands Trail!!
We hope to hear from you!